Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blog Abandonment and New Announcements

I have been a terrible blogger lately. I haven't posted in ages. As always, I still have a lot to say about everything, I just can't find the time/energy/will to write and edit the blog. I have been blogging for about 8 months, and I have just lost my real passion for what I was blogging about. I love the Bachelorette and running my mouth on my opinion but thanks to DVR, I don't feel the urgency to watch each episode as the come on, so the posts weren't very timely. Also, I wasn't doing a large variety of projects anymore, just mostly focusing on perfecting my designs and work. Which brings to another announcement:

 I am soon opening an Etsy shop! 

I have been immensely busy preparing inventory and perfecting things, working on branding and design, and testing the market. When the shop opens I will make an announcement on Facebook. I love creating more than I love writing about what I am creating, so when the projects started to take precedence, I kind of let the blog slip.

But my blogging ways may not be completely over, they may just take on a new form. 

I also am taking on another big project, they may get a blog of its own just for documentation sake. Recently, my sweet grandma passed away. My grandma was a master crafter and writer, an amazing and Godly woman that everyone loved. I am the only grandchild who has a real passion for creating things the way she did so I took on a project. It's a big scary project that is currently sitting in the corner of my craft room, being intimidating. She has a box of unfinished quilts, and I decided I wanted to finish them. So, when the day comes that I stop being afraid of quilting and all the challenges that will come with it. I may start a blog to catalog my experience, seek advice from quilters and reminisce about my Grandma. This project will be long, and very focused so I think blogging about something so specific and emotionally charged will be less of a task than just general blogging about dumb crap.


I want to thank all of my readers for the support and for listening to me ramble. You guys came to read my ramblings about 6500 times in just the 8 short months I have been blogging.

Thanks again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment