Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Room Re-Do: Furniture


I am in the process of transitioning baby A's room from cutesy baby room to a room more fit for the chic, diva almost-preschooler that she is.

Addy and "Her Tiger" at Wild Adventures
She is a big fan of the "Big Cats" and can't get enough of them, so making her room theme animal print just came naturally. Addy take's after her mama and loves animal print too. It is something that can grow with her, I mean I would probably still have an animal/tribal bedroom, but Husband and I have totally different styles! (but we reached compromise and are working on our nautically inspired, but modern room.) 



Animal print suits her grown-up-in-a-toddler-body style.
 ........................................................................................

First: 


I updated her toddler bed with some homemade mod podge and my cricut:

For that I just cut out the letters, the shadow from co-ordinating paper, glued them together and mod podged them on. Super simple and completely customized and personalized her plain toddler bed. I am considering taking the letters off, painting her bed a nice sandy tan color, and reapplying the letters but I'm not sure, and I can't really see it in my mind's eye, so I am hesitant.  
 

And then:

I updated her dresser. It was a plain white. I painted it sort of ombre up from the bottom drawers (the colors in this picture aren't really true to life) and I free-handed some leopard print on the top:



The only thing missing on the dresser are the drawer pulls. I picked some out at Home Depot but they didn't have 8 so I am waiting for them to get their shipment in. Here are the what the drawer pulls look like:

Acrylic Drawer Pulls from Home Depot




Next up:


My next project for baby A's room is to re-purpose this piece which currently houses some of Addy's clothes:




 My plan is to give it a gloss touch up, and make it into sort of a sofa bench. It wouldn't be hard to make a rectangular cushion with some furniture foam and black fabric to size and attach it with some upholstery tacks. Then I plan on making some cute throw pillows with coordinating colors, leopard print and textured fabrics. There a zillion pillow ideas on Pinterest too, so we should come up with some neat ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment