Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tangled!

It has been TOO long since I posted last, but a lot of big things have happened since my last post...

I got married to my very best friend DUSTIN on Valentine's Day! 

But I digress. 




My most recent discovery is something called :



My first Zentangle


It is essentially doodling deliberately and methodically as a means of meditation, and achieving clarity, focus, and creativity. I love it because it is so abstract and free and calming. The repetitive strokes just put me in the zone and I feel so accomplished when I finish the tile.

If you visit the website, you can read in depth about how it started (the Zentangle art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas), the theory behind it, creating a Zentangle, and how others use it, and some of the common terminology of "Zentangle Zealots".

You can really do this even if you aren't an "artist" or "creative" It works for everyone because there are certain tangles and patterns already set so you just pull from those, and they are all comprised of basic shapes and lines.

I browsed the website and YouTube page and picked up some of the basics. My first Zentangle doesn't have too many "official" tangles or patterns.There isn't a CZT [Certified Zentangle Teacher] near me, so I have to be patient and wait for some books to come in to really fully dive into it and do it properly.

(You can tangle too! Click HERE for the YouTube page and HERE for the Zentangle home page)


I am not paid or hired by Zentangle to promote their method or business, I just think it is really awesome!


The Zentangle® art form and method was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas and is copyrighted. Zentangle® is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.

2 comments:

  1. yay! your blogging again! I have missed reading it! I am trying to start blogging... it is just getting in a routine of doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am so glad to be back at it. I got a little sidetracked, but now I am back :)

    And you are exactly right about the routine thing, you just have to make a commitment and make it a habit!

    ReplyDelete